Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Minis and More - The Simple Patchwork Bag Parade



This month's Parade is so much fun!

Rather than a mini quilt, Sherri and I decided to feature the Simple Patchwork Bag Tutorial that can be found on Sherri's blog A Quilting Life, so everyone could enjoy the free pattern.

It's a sweet, simple bag with so many uses, especially now that the holidays are here!




These two Christmas themed bags were made by Karen.  Karen used some leftover Holly's Tree Farm scraps for her sweet bags.  She says they're the perfect size to put some goodies in to give for the holidays. How adorable!






Patty made some great bags for game pieces, that would certainly make great holiday gifts!  She has a cute tutorial on her blog that she used to create her game piece bags.  Don't forget to check out the bag event that Patty is hosting on her blog Elm Street Quilts right now.






My bag was made by combining two different mini charm packs of Modern Background Paper by Zen Chic.  I used both the Ink and Paper fabric lines.  My drawstring is made from long random scraps that I've been collecting and making into twine.  You can read more about my sweet bag in my blog post.  This bag was so quick and easy!  I definitely need to make another!






And I know you all are wondering about next month......

You're in luck!

We're featuring another free tutorial by Sherri!

This time we're making a Scrappy Patchwork Pillow!




A few days ago I was looking at some options for our next project and I ran across Sherri's Tutorial.  I thought it would be perfect.

We've never done a Pillow Parade before and it's a quick and easy project so you can get it finished in a busy holiday month like November. 

Sherri liked the idea too!

Just like the bag featured in this month's Parade, this scrappy pillow would make a great gift, holiday decoration, or something that you'd love to have in your home.

I know I have some scraps of my favorite fabric lines that want to save and this would be a great use for them!

I can't wait to see your pillows!



As always, don't forget to send in a picture of your project to me or to Sherri McConnell at A Quilting Life to have your picture shown in the Minis and More Parade and to be entered in the drawing for our monthly prize!

Everyone is encouraged to join us!  We'd love to have you!

Last month's winner was Brenda at The Quilting Nook.

Be sure and go over to Sherri's blog today to see the other half of the Parade.

See you soon and happy sewing!


6 comments:

Hildy said...

Love Karen's and Patty's bags it was a really fun pattern. I've already made the pillow but I think it's time for a christmas one don't you? Thanks for hosting the parade it's always such a fun way to start a new month:-)

Sherri said...

I love every one of these little bags...and it's going to be a lot of fun to see all of the pillows next month!

Thank you, Michele and everyone who participated!

Patty said...

Thanks for hosting the parade and giving a shout out to my Elm Street Quilts event!

Summer said...

The bags are very charming ♥

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE each of the bags. I need to make a few for the holidays.

Izzy said...

Love the bags! I used Sherri's tutorial for a bag swap last year and loved it. Looking forward to seeing the pillows next month!